Use the nursing process (A.P.I.E.) to meet the needs of patients of all ages, diagnosis, patient classification, in all practice areas; OR, PACU (Recovery room, Pre-Op) and GI Lab.
· Performs treatments in a safe and effective manner.
· Administers medications in a timely and safe manner.
· Maintains responsibility for preparation, interpretation and evaluation of test data.
· Demonstrates knowledge and skills to act appropriately in the Charge Nurse Role.
· Demonstrates knowledge and participates in education, discharge planning and counseling of patients and significant other.
· Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competency.
· Promotes positive interpersonal relationships.
· Maintains confidentiality of all patient and hospital information.
· Practices according to professional and ethical standards as described by State and Professional organizations.
· Provides care to patients in Pre-Op area, Operating Room and GI Lab, Pacu in a professional and anticipatory manner.
· Performs all sterile activity utilizing aseptic technique. · Assists Anesthesia with intubation and extubation as needed.
· Takes responsibility for all activities in the OR as the Patient Advocate while Circulating.
· Take responsibility to make sure a proper Time Out is performed prior to incision per P&P.
· Performs accurate and timely documentation of all medical records, ie OR Record, PACU Record, Medication reconciliation, pre-op record.
· Performs accurate intra-op counts for sponges, instruments, and sharps according to P&P. · Cares for specimens according to P&P.
· Exemplifies Customer Service.
· Promotes Teamwork with Open Communication.
· Participate in committees as assigned.
· Perform in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards.
· Perform in accordance with EPMC vision, mission and goals.
· Graduate from an accredited nursing program, with a current Colorado RN licensure.
· 1-2 years previous experience in OR preferred.
· American Heart Association CPR certified.
· ACLS, PALS within 6 months of hire.