Nurse Manager Surgical Services
Days (rotating weekends)
To administer, analyze and appraise the care given to patients within the Department. To advise the Department Director regarding the status of patient care, budgetary projections, quality improvement processes. To anticipate and estimate future needs of the Department to improve quality of patient care. Collaborate and coordinate the efforts of the staff of the Department to accomplish the mission of the organization..
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Responsible for the operation of clinical activities within the unit.
- Demonstrates advanced level of clinical skills and the ability to support others to achieve the delivery of quality care.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency in leadership, supervision and management of staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Quality Improvement and exercises clinical competence in the ability to integrate it into the provision of patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Demonstrates skill in planning, organizing and managing personnel resources in a cost effective and productive manner for the operational area of the unit.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Develop and prepare subordinates and self, educationally, for change and improvement within the nursing unit.
- Supervise and participates in the evaluation process of employees within the unit.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Will oversee 45 direct reports.
- Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
- CNOR preferred for OR only
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- State of Florida RN License required
- BLS within 90 days of hire required
- ACLS within 6 months of hire required for ENDO, PACU, OPS
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Acute care experience preferred
- Management experience preferred
- Minimum 1 year previous experience or completion of Perioperative Nursing course required
- Will take a super star ( strong) Nurse Charge Nurse.
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills